Month 2: I am excited to share some of our new goals and also document our successes and failures. Sept 1, 2017 is a wonderful day for Raising Good People since we just hit our first consistent month of blogging. *applause*
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.*
So this past week I have slacked off a bit due to getting this new walking brace which both helps but drives me nuts. ( see confession post). However, I am resolved to stay steady in my decision to try and convert blogging to full time. I love writing and can already feel myself getting better at it. Editing is becoming easier and I have learned several new tricks which I will be adding here in a new blogging series I am starting.
Some things we should know about blogging:
- Facebook is harder to gain a following on but the followers do interact better.
- Twitter is easy to gain followers but they don’t interact much.
- Pinterest is difficult to gain a following but once you do they are loyal.
- Instagram is a great platform but difficult to find a way to post from computer. (any suggestions?)
- Video seems to be a must now and our blog will be testing this
Last months goals:
- Increase followers by 50 across all social media accounts
- Twitter- from 0 to 197 followers
- Facebook- from 0 to 12 followers
- Pinterest- from 0 to 13 followers
- Instagram- from ? to 88 followers (this is a personal account, update soon)
- Create a twitter, custom pinterest page, facebook page, stumbleupon, and any other media I happen upon
- I have not created a stumbleupon yet however the rest have been made
- Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/Raising-Good-People-494352820932203/
- Twitter- https://twitter.com/CrazeeSuperMom
- Pinterest- https://www.pinterest.com/raisinggoodpeople/pins/
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/hecticlifeofmine/
- Write 8 new blog posts
- Post to each social media account at least 1-2 times every 2 days
- This one we still need to be more consistent with eventually we will enlist a service to help me with this however for now we must schedule what we can and do the work for the rest.
- Create a journal of new post ideas
- We adjusted this one to instead go back and update all the older posts to be more social media friendly. We succeeded at this new goal. Create a journal will be moved forward to be a Sept goal.
- Find ways to monetize my site with ads of my own and affiliates.
- We are currently signed up with CJAffiliates and Amazon
New Goals For Sept 2017:
- Reach 25 followers on Pinterest
- Get 50 visitors this month (previous was 35 visitors and 51 views)
- Publish 2 post a week
- Increase Twitter following to 300
- Start Snapchat
- Start StumbleUpon
- Create Journal of Post Ideas
- Post to social media 5x a week per media