Month 3: I am excited to share some of our new goals and also document our successes and failures.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.*
Oct 1, 2017 was the start of our favorite time of the year here at Raising Good People. The Holiday season is a wonderful time when we are given the opportunity to share so much with our family and friends.
This past month and especially the past couple of weeks I have been going easy on the posts and article because I have been working on creating some very exciting content. I am creating a program that can be a valuable tool for parents or teachers to help teach their children to read. I have completed a small group of worksheets and am working on some ebooks and have a very busy schedule set for myself this October.
Some things we should know about blogging:
- Facebook is harder to gain a following on but the followers do interact better.
- Twitter is easy to gain followers but they don’t interact much.
- Pinterest is difficult to gain a following but once you do they are loyal.
- Instagram is a great platform but difficult to find a way to post from computer. (any suggestions?)
- Video seems to be a must now and our blog will be testing this
Last months goals:
- Reach 25 followers on Pinterest
- On my Pinterest Made specifically for RGP I went to 23 followers however my personal pinterest page has increased over this number to 28 followers. Both of these accounts do share very similar board types.
- Get 50 visitors this month (previous was 35 visitors and 51 views)
- I received 66 visitors and 76 page views. I love that even though I did not worry about as many posts due to content creation I was still able to accomplish this goal
- Publish 2 post a week
- I adjusted this goal a bit to include 6 posts over the course of the month which seemed more doable due to the content I decided to create.
- Increase Twitter following to 300
- My twitter following is at 208. There was a dip back in the 100’s when I did not not do much posting. I set up an automatic tweet system though with IFTTT and since then my twitter following is growing organically without much effort from me. I just add new tweets to my schedule occasionally and mix up some other peoples content as well which have good information for my followers
- Start Snapchat
- I did start a snapchat and have occasionally gone on it, however it is not my main social media focus right now.
- Start StumbleUpon
- I will be postponing this into the goals for this coming month since I did not get around to it.
- Create Journal of Post Ideas
- I did start a small journal of posting ideas which I will be continuously adding to. There is some very good stuff coming up in the future due to this goal.
- Post to social media 5x a week per media
- With the addition of some automated features I have been able to accomplish this rather easily.
New Goals for Oct 2017 Month 3
- Increase social media following by 5%
- Get 75 visitors this month
- Publish 6 posts
- Start StumbleUpon
- Add 10 ideas to Journal of Post Ideas
- Post to Social Media 5x a week per media
- Complete set 1 of worksheets
- Complete set 1 of ebook
Month 1 Goals reviewed
- Increase followers by 50 across all social media accounts
- Twitter- from 0 to 197 followers
- Facebook- from 0 to 12 followers
- Pinterest- from 0 to 13 followers
- Instagram- from ? to 88 followers (this is a personal account, update soon)
- Create a twitter, custom pinterest page, facebook page, stumbleupon, and any other media I happen upon
- Write 8 new blog posts
- Post to each social media account at least 1-2 times every 2 days
- This one we still need to be more consistent with eventually we will enlist a service to help me with this however for now we must schedule what we can and do the work for the rest.
- Create a journal of new post ideas
- We adjusted this one to instead go back and update all the older posts to be more social media friendly. We succeeded at this new goal. Create a journal will be moved forward to be a Sept goal.
- Find ways to monetize my site with ads of my own and affiliates.
- We are currently signed up with CJAffiliates and Amazon